In the previous article you've learnt what types of rooms you can set up on Trusted Bookings platform (if you haven't read that yet, click here). In this article you will learn how you can add a room. If you'd like to see a video on adding rooms click here.
To add a room you need:
Step 1 Go to menu bar, click Manage and choose Rooms.
Once you click Rooms, you will see a dashboard with rooms that we have already created for training purposes.
Step 2 Add new rooms
To add a room, simply click
Step 3 Specify basic details of a room
Once you click button you will see different categories of settings that you can specify. Let's have a look at them separately
1) General details of a room
- a) Location - this field refers to a location that you want your room to be associated with, i.e. where your room is.
Depending on how many Locations you've created (if you want to recap how to create locations, click here), you will see different options to choose from. In our example we have Happy Surf Camp as a Location.
- b) Room type - you can choose from a private or shared one (if you want to recap what types of rooms you can create on our platform, click here )
- c) That's where you put a name of a category of rooms you are creating right now, eg Happy Females Dorm, Deluxe Apartment etc
- d) Abbreviation - this field is not required to in order to create a room, but it's very useful when it comes to managing your resort
- e) Capacity - here you specify for how many people a room is going to be, for instance a single room, double room, dorm etc
- f) Pending Bookings - if you enable pending bookings, it means you will be able to book a room you are creating even if it's not available. A reservation will be made but a client will receive an email with "Counter offer", saying that this rooms is available other days or we have other rooms available at the time for which the reservations is made
2) Base pricing
- a) Setting a price - A price that you set here is a price that a customer will pay if no other conditions are applied (ie. the room is not booked in high season, there's no discount etc.) To read a comprehensive article about pricing head here
- b) Minimum and Maximum nights - you specify here the minimal and maximum time for which a room can be booked
- c) Arrival weekdays - you tick here on which days a person, who has booked a room can arrive (note that if you say that eg a guest can't arrive on Monday, a room will be shown as unavailable if one is looking for a room and chose Monday as an arrival day)
- d) Departure weekdays - you tick here on which days a person, who has booked a room can depart (note that if you say that eg a guest can't depart on Monday, a room will be shown as unavailable if one is looking for a room and chose Monday as departure day )
3) Properties & Description
In Properties section you can specify bed types, bathroom types, if smoking is allowed as well as room view. You can create as many configurations as you'd like (eg you can click that a room has all 4 types of beds and then it will be up to a customer to decide what type of a bed he wants to have in his room)
Writing a compelling description of a room is important as that's what a customer will see when browsing through rooms.
Step 4 Create rooms
Once you've specified all the details of the rooms, click
This way you have created a category of rooms.
To add inventory, so rooms that fit the category just created, go to Rooms section, choose a name of a room (eg HFD 1 - HFD would be an abbreviation of Happy Female Dorm and 1 would be a number or a room, in case you have in your inventory more than one dorm) and click Add Room.
If you have 3 rooms - Happy Female Dorms, your list of rooms will look like that:
To learn how you can specify details of a room, click here.