In the previous article you've learnt how to set up your location and specify its details. If you'd like to see a video on adding locations click here. An essential component of a location is a room. In this article you will learn what kind of rooms you can set up on the platform and what bed configurations are possible. If you'd like to see a video on adding rooms click here.
Room types depending on how they are booked:
1) private - the price is per room, not per bed (e.g. if a room is for two people and only one person arrives, the rate is per room, thus both beds need to be paid, even though only one is going to be used)
See article Advanced pricing to learn what empty bed space means.
2) shared - a person pays only for a bed in a room (e.g. if a room has six beds for six people, one person will only pay for one bed, regardless if other people stay in the same room or not)
Room types depending on the capacity:
Trustedbookings allows you to choose the room capacity freely. It means that you can set up:
a) a single room
b) a double room
c) a private apartment
d) a dorm
Room and bathroom types:
This category allows you to differentiate prices for a room depending on the type of the bathroom.
1) rooms with a private bathroom - only a person that stays in that room has access to this bathroom
2) rooms with a shared bathroom - everyone who stays in a shared room or the location in general has access to this bathroom
Room and bed types:
This category allows you to manage your inventory depending on your customers' needs and charge them differntly.
1) rooms with single beds
2) rooms with double beds
3) rooms with twin beds
4) rooms with king sizes beds
Room and view types
This category allows you to differentiate prices for a room depending on a view from a window.
1) Sea view
2) Land view
3) Pool view
4) Not specified
Now you know what type of rooms you can create on Trustedbookings. It's time to learn how to do it! For that, read article - How do I set up rooms?