In the previous article you've learnt how to set up your location and specify its details. If you'd like to see a video on adding locations click here. An essential component of a location is a room. In this article you will learn what kind of rooms you can set up on the platform and what bed configurations are possible. If you'd like to see a video on adding rooms click here.
Room types depending on how they are booked:
1) private - it means if a person decides to stay in that room, she pays for a room, not for a bed (eg if a room is for 2 people, and you decide that this rooms can be only booked private, a person will pay for 2 beds, even if in fact is going to use only one)
See article Advanced pricing to learn what is empty bed space
2) shared - it means that a person pays only for a bed in a room (eg if a room is for 6 people, that person will pay only for one room, regardless if other people stay or not in the same room)
Room types depending on the capacity:
Trustedbookings allows you to choose room capacity freely. It means you can set up:
a) a single room
b) a double room
c) private apartment
Room types depending on a type of bathroom they go with:
This category allows you to differentiate prices for a room depending on a type of bathroom they go with.
1) rooms with a private bathroom - it means only a person that stays in a room has access to the bathroom that this room goes with
2) rooms with a shared bathroom - it means that everyone who stays in a hostel has access to a bathroom
Room types depending on types of beds:
This category allows you to manage your inventory depending on customers' needs and charge them more or less.
1) rooms with single beds
2) rooms with double beds
3) rooms with twin beds
4) rooms with king sizes beds
Room types depending on a view from a window
This category allows you to differentiate prices for a room depending on a view from a window.
1) Sea view
2) Land view
3) Pool view
4) Not specified
Now you know what type of rooms you can create on Trustedbookings platform, it's time to learn how to do it! For that see article - How do I set up rooms?