Welcome to Trustedbookings, a platform that will help you manage your resorts, reservations, payments and communication with your customers.
A few introductory facts to help you getting started:
1. What are components of the Trustedbookings platform?
Trustedbookings consists of:
1. Backend office - this module is a component that you, your staff or any other person you authorize will use.
It is where you’re going to:
* add and specify your offer (i.e. add all the resorts you have along with the rooms and any other services that you can sell to your customers)
* manage your bookings and payments
* see reports
* authorise other people to use the Trustedbookings platform
2. Online Module - this module is for your customers’ use. It automatically exposes every room you set up (to read about setting up rooms click here) Travellers interested in staying in your resort can perform a general search and see what’s your offer, or can select their preferences (e.g. bed type, bathroom, meal plan, location and price range) and see if you have something that they like.
3. Setting up your resort
For the purpose of our Knowledge Base Section, we've created a HappySurf Camp as example, which we are going to use in our FAQ articles. To make your training easier, we gave you access to the HappySurf Camp when we created your account. Please note that the HappySurf Camp is not a real resort and it has been created just for training purposes.
In order to set up your resort you will need to add Locations to the Trustedbookings platform, i.e. list all of the places where you have your surf camps/hotels/hostels etc. For example, if you have resorts in Portugal, Spain and South Africa you will create three locations for these countries.
Read a guide on setting up Locations here.
Once you’ve created all your Locations, it’s time to add Rooms to your Locations, i.e. the inventory you have in your Locations.
Read a guide on how to set up Rooms here.
Once rooms have been created, it’s time to add prices and set all discounts and special offers.
Read a guide on Pricing here.
4. Setting up users
The email you've given to us has been used to create a Master account. An owner of this email address can set up everything in the platform, receives every bit of communication that is sent to this email address - simply own everything within your Trustedbookings platform.
An owner of this account can also authorise other people, like staff or agents, to use the platform. People that have been given access to the Trustedbookings platform are called Users.
You can create Users with different permissions who's role you can reflect in your company (for instance accountants will manage payments, receptionists will manage only rooms) or reflect geographical location they work in (for instance if you have resorts set up in three locations - Portugal, Spain and South Africa - a user who works in Portugal, will only be able to manage the resort in Portugal.
To read more about setting up users, read here.
5. Payments & Invoices.
With Trustedbookings you can manage payments for the reservations much faster and easier.
Remember that it is important to set up Locations correctly as every invoice will be associated with a Location that you created. A payment will go to the bank account associated with that Location eventually.
To read more about payments & invoices, click here.