In this article you will learn how you can control which rooms your agents can sell and how to give them different permissions. We are going to show you how to change permissions in general and what permission set-up is advisable. If you'd like to see a video on editing agent's permissions click here.
Step 1 Go to the Menu bar, click Manage Users.
Step 2 Choose the user whose permissions you want to edit and click
Step 3 Click Permissions
You will see a list of general activities you can authorize your user to perform as well as all the resorts you own (in our example it is Happy Surf Camp).
1) Restrict - it means an agent won't see a particular activity on his Trustedbookings platform
2) Read - it means an agent will be able to see results of a particular activity but won't be able to make changes or to be active in any way.
Step 4 Choose a resort, where you want an agent to sell rooms in (in this example Happy Surf Camp) and click Manage.
Step 5 On the left side below Account, click on the name of the resort (in this example Happy Surf Camp)
You will see a list of activities related to your resort.
What permissions setup is advisable?
1. In the menu bar Bookings choose Own only - it means that an agent will be able to only see the bookings that he has created, bookings that have been made via the Online Sales Module or other staff members will not be visible to an agent.
2. Choose the rooms your agent will be authorised to sell. Authorising agents to sell rooms means both, you and an agent can sell a room (depending on who is faster). An example: you have 4 rooms of the same category - GVD. We recommend authorising an agent to sell the last room (e.g. GVD 4 not GVD 1). Why?
When rooms are booked, the first room which is booked is number 1, then 2 etc. If rooms are popular and quickly sold, you sold the rooms instead of the agent. Therewith you save on a commission that you otherwise might have owed to an agent!
3. In the list of all activities that a user can perform choose Rooms - Manage.
Once you selected the rooms you authorise your agent to sell the room. Go to the Rooms section and click Manage. This way an agent will be able to manage the reservations of rooms he is authorised to manage.
Step 6 Click
The next step shows how bookings are made. Click here to read more.